Policy and legal disclaimer
Information Collection and Use
The Alliance is the sole owner of the information collected on www.getronics.com. There are several sections of our website that invite you to contact us to request information from us. In order to reply to your request, we may need to obtain personal contact information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address name and address. We may also solicit information such as demographics, occupation, company affiliation, and product preferences. We use this information for market analysis and to distribute information by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or fax about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We also obtain any additional personally identifiable information that you choose to include in your communications with us.
.Some features of our website may be accessible only to registered users. In addition to the data described above, user names and passwords are maintained for all registered users. We use this information to allow users to customize the functions of our web site, to restrict access to portions of our website, and to avoid repetitious requests for contact or billing information. We employ various automated means, including cookies and server logs, to collect information and generate statistics relating to your navigation of our website and the referring sites that may have brought you to our website. The information we collect is used to maintain profiles of our website users. We use profile information to customize a user's visit to our website and to tailor the information we provide.
- Cookies – A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our system to recognize you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most. This traffic information is used to improve the content of our website and make it easier to use. If you wish to reject our cookies, you may configure your browser to do so.
- Log Files - Our website uses log files that record non-personal information about web site activity, such as users' Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to administer the web site and analyze website traffic.
- Clear Gifs - We may use a technology called clear gifs as an aid in measuring traffic on our website. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track a user's movement through a website. Clear gifs may also be used in HTML-based email to ascertain whether the email has been opened.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party, without your consent except in the following circumstances:
- We share non-personal, non-individually identifiable information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes.
- We will disclose your personal, individually-identifiable information to any appropriate third party or legal authority if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct; if we are required to do so by law; or if we believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (3) prevent fraud; (4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or (5) protect the personal safety or property of our customers, other persons, or the public (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we may disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
- We may retain third parties to provide services to us, such as technical, administrative, logistical, or professional services. These third parties may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but not for any other purposes. They are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose.
- We may transfer all or part of our customer database, including personal information contained in it, to a third party.
ATTENTION RESIDENTS OF EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES:
Personal information obtained via our website may be transferred to and processed by Getronics subsidiaries or third parties located in countries outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States of America. The data protection laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. When making such transfers, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. You may be asked to expressly authorize such transfers, or we may complete such transfers in accordance with an applicable legal authorization, adequacy determination, data protection agreement, or other arrangement.
Choice / opt-out
Access and Amendment
You may request a copy of any personal information that we keep about you. We strive to ensure that our information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You may request that we delete or make appropriate amendments to your information. We reserve the right to charge a fee to defray our costs for assembling, copying, and providing a response to your request. If we cannot comply your request, we will explain why.